Hi my name is Philip and I work at johnlewis.com as a Senior Digital Designer.
Over the past five years at John Lewis I have been involved in working on modernisation projects, such as digitising and harmonising the print versions of John Lewis’s magazines for the multi-platform age and updating the previously-antiquated Content Management Systems for johnlewis.com.
My key achievements have been:
- Launching a number of John Lewis Magazines (Edition Magazine, Edition MAN, COOK) for the core market-leading platforms such as iPad, iPhone, Kindle Fire, Android.
- Researching, developing and implementing a solution for displaying John Lewis magazine articles in the recently-launched Apple News app.
- Converting & replatforming johnlewis.com from an antiquated CMS to ATG
- Developing concepts and ideas for, and overseeing the implementation of the interiors of two floors of the John Lewis Head Office.
- Designing a tool to enable customers to preview bespoke sofa designs online.
- Replatforming of digital apps from the Adobe DPS to Pugpig/Kaldor
- Designing “Fitted Kitchen Designer”, an app to enable sales assistants to virtually demonstrate kitchen designs to potential customers on site in sales locations.
- Being nominated as “Business Roof Raiser”, a national John Lewis award given annually to four independent thinkers who have gone over and above in achieving great things for the business, in recognition of my contribution towards the launch of Edition Magazine on iPad.
In terms of project work, I have extensive experience of working in an agile environments with designers, developers, project managers and business analysts. I enjoy working in large teams and can easily communicate with business stakeholders, whilst also being comfortable developing ideas on my own.